Saturday, September 19, 2009

7 Questions with Megan Fox

Actress Megan Fox onstage at the Toronto International Film Festival Midnight Madness screening "Jennifer's Body" film introductions held at the Ryerson Theatre on September 10, 2009 in Toronto, Canada. (September 9, 2009 - Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images North America) More pics >>

In Transformers, Megan Fox was better eye candy than the special effects. But in Jennifer’s Body, she actually gets to act. It helps that she's spouting dialogue from the pen of screenwriter Diablo Cody, the Oscar-winning scribe behind Juno. The very funny horror flick follows the adventures of high school queen bee Jennifer (Fox), a cheerleader possessed by a demon that eats boys in order to stay pretty. Sounds like a fair trade. 

Zimbio: Don’t you think, if given full disclosure that you were going to kill them, a lot of guys would still opt to have a night with you?

Megan Fox: [Laughs] I don't think so.

 
Megan Fox lays one on the cheek of Jennifer's Body costar Johnny Simmons at the film's premeire. (Getty Images)
Zimbio: Is this movie going to change people’s perceptions of you?
Megan Fox: I couldn’t tell you that. I don’t know. I would hope so, but I can’t answer that question.

Zimbio: Should we be making such a big fuss about the girl-on-girl kiss scene?
Megan Fox: It is a big fuss.

Zimbio: I’m sorry I don’t have a rose with me, but how should a sincere guy approach you in real life?
Megan Fox: Just be honest about who they are. I hate when people put on a façade or a shell for you to see. I like when people are vulnerable and real.

 
Zimbio: Since you probably couldn’t cover up eating people in real life, how do you stay in such great shape?
Megan Fox: Recently I started training with a new trainer. He makes me do a lot of pilates and a lot of yoga, something called AcroYoga. 

Zimbio: It must be traumatic to revisit high school, even for a movie. Did you ever have an awkward phase in high school?
Megan Fox: Yeah, every day was very awkward for me in high school. 



Zimbio: Come on, you must have been the star of the school.
Megan Fox: I actually was not the sh-t in high school. I was sort of, not an outcast, but I didn’t have a ton of friends and I went to a really small Christian school.



Zimbio: I’m sorry. 


Megan Fox: I’m sorry too. I got picked on and I ate lunch in the bathroom because I was afraid of getting picked on in the cafeteria. 

 
Zimbio: Well, f-ck those people.   

Megan Fox: It’s okay. Yeah, f-ck them. I was a loner and I think that’s okay. If I were not to give a message, because that’s lame, but to anybody who is a loner, it’s perfectly acceptable to be that. You don’t have to run with the cliques.

Zimbio: Have you been waiting to show us your funny side?
Megan Fox: Show the press that side of me? Thanks. That’s just how I am. That’s my personality. So when I’m allowed to talk… 

Zimbio: And you bring that to Jennifer in the movie. 
Megan Fox: I have an extremely sarcastic, sardonic sense of humor, so it fell in line with me very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment