Saturday, September 19, 2009

Suzanne Somers Thinks Chemotherapy Killed Patrick Swayze

 
(Getty Images)

Suzanne Somers was overheard at a party Monday night commenting on Patrick Swayze's death hours after the news had broken. And what she had to say, while disturbing, fits right into the strange and potentially dangerous medical opinions she's been spouting recently.

Somers, who was attending the after party for the debut of Tom Ford's new film, A Single Man, spoke with National Post writer Shinan Govani. Govani reported Somer's opinion that the doctors treating Swayze "basically put poison in him." Here's what Govani wrote after talking to Somers.
And guess what? Somers had an opinion -- or three. An ardent foe of conventional cancer treatments -- she rejected chemotherapy, against the advice of her doctors, when she had the disease and beat it some years back -- the actress was calm, considered, yet angry. "They took this beautiful man," she told me, "and they basically put poison in him.

"Why," asked Somers, "couldn't they have built him up nutritionally and gotten rid of the toxins in his body?

"I hate to be this controversial," she later admitted to me. "I'm a singer-dancer-comedienne. But we have an epidemic going on, and I have to say it."
This comes after she was recently criticized for telling Oprah Winfrey about a bizarre health regimen that includes injections of estrogen into her vagina and swallowing about 60 vitamin supplement pills every day. Call me crazy, but if I'm ever diagnosed with anything malignant, I'll trust the doctors over the paranoid old actress who thinks I can detox cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment